prep time: 20 min
cook time:20 min
ready in: 40 min
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow squash, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic for 2 minutes, then stir in chicken, and cook until no longer pink, and juices run clear. Remove from skillet, and set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Saute red onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and yellow squash until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, pepper mixture, basil and balsamic vinegar. Toss until evenly distributed.